Wendy, Coach Heidi and Dover are previous Whole Life Challenge winners. They each enjoyed the $165 cash prize and the establishment of healthy lifestyle habits.
We are an official team for the 2015 Fall Whole Life Challenge. The Whole Life challenge is a 56 day game that helps you shape the 7 Daily Habits essential for your well-being. By taking the components of an exceptional quality of life, and boiling them down to simple daily habits, they present a framework for living your life … uniquely and excellently.
Here's how is works. You sign up to be on our team, and for the next 56 days, organize your life around the WLC 7 Daily Habits.
1. Eat by the WLC rules you choose at the level that is right for you. Make conscious choices that support your vision for a healthy lifestyle. Earn up to 5 points daily for nutrition. The nutrition component of this challenge is about making good choices, and you get to choose the nutrition program that's most applicable to you. Not yet ready to go strict Paleo? No worries, I'm not asking you to.
2. Exercise for at least 10 minutes each day. We recommend 3-5 “workouts” each week. The other days you’ll earn your points by being active. Ride your bike, surf, hike, even take an invigorating walk at sunset. This is your time to move daily. You earn 2 points for exercise. You don't have to do CrossFit for this, although I'd love it if you worked out with True Spirit CrossFit & Yoga.
3. Stretch for at least 10 minutes each day. You earn 2 points for stretching. I think you should earn double points for yoga, but then again I'm biased.
4. Drink one third of your body weight in oz. of water each day (20 ml per kg). You earn 1 point for water. You'll be surprised at how much better you feel when you're fully hydrated.
5. Supplement with a dietary supplement that would make a difference for your body if you took it every day. You earn 1 point for your supplement. We sell fish oil at the gym!
6. Live the WLC weekly lifestyle practice – things like sleep, meditate, & supporting others. You earn 1 point each day you complete the weekly lifestyle task. I'm really excited about this practice!
7. Reflect at the end of each day and check in with how it went and how you’re doing. No amount of numbers can paint the whole picture. Your daily reflection helps you see how the challenge is really going. You earn 1 point daily for your reflection. The most important lifestyle choice:-)
The WLC is a challenge to see how much of an impact you can have on your body, fitness and lifestyle habits over 8 weeks.
We will have cash prizes and other awards for the overall point winner, as well as the other categories reflecting transformation in health and wellness.
The game starts on September 19th, but you should register before September 5th to take advantage for early bird registration. Registration for first time players is $39 (save $10), and returning players is $24 (save $25).
If you any questions talk to Coach Leslie. There's also a ton of info on their website (www.wholelifechallenge.com).
Work on your gymnastics skills
21-15-9 reps, for time of:
Wall Ball, 20/14 lbs
Row, 250 m
Record your WOD on Beyond the Whiteboard.
Do you need CrossFit or yoga gear? Click on the links below to buy through our GORUCK, Reebok, Rogue or Affiliate share sale programs. These are affiliate links and our gym will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on these links.
Check out our Flickr page!