I have written several times about the importance of competition. I've heard it said that competition develops character. I completely disagree. Competition reveals character.
The time for being competitive is when you're in an actual competition like the The CrossFit Games Open. Competition reveals our character, our grit, our fortitude. Competition is the culmination of months of training and practicing. And, competition season is upon us, The Open starts TODAY!
We have divided the gym into two teams based on our median height. Team Talls and Team Smalls. You can earn points for your team as follows:
Pre Season Points - you have until Monday, Feb 28th at 5pm to earn these points.
1. Teams are given 1 point for every athlete who officially signs up for The Open.
2. Teams are given 5 points for every athlete who officially completes the Judges Course.
1. Teams are given 2 points for every athlete who completes a given Open workout
2. Teams are given 2 points for every athlete who PRs or does something as Rx'd (including scaled Rx'd) for the first time, e.g. first toes to bar, pull-ups, double unders, etc.
3. Teams are given 3 points for every athlete who finishes among the top 3 women or top 3 men in the gym per workout (Rx’d, Scaled, Ager groups, Foundations ).
6. Teams are given 5 points if they win the “Spirit of the Open” award on any given week.
Points so far:
BTWB Level-Up Challenge in September
Record your WOD on Beyond the Whiteboard.
Do you need CrossFit or yoga gear? Click on the links below to buy through our Just Strong, Reebok, Rogue or Hylete Affiliate share sale programs. These are affiliate links and our gym will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on these links.
Check out our Flickr page!