Frank in the bottom of his front squat.
We are an official team for the 2016 Fall Whole Life Challenge. The Whole Life Challenge is an 8 week challenge that includes nutrition, exercise, mobility, sleep, hydration, a weekly lifestyle challenge, and a daily reflection. Every day, or 56 days, you keep score on the lifestyle choices you made with respect to the WLC 7 Daily Habits.
1. Eat by the WLC rules you choose at the level that is right for you. Make conscious choices that support your vision for a healthy lifestyle. Earn up to 5 points daily for nutrition. The nutrition component of this challenge is about making good choices, and you get to choose the nutrition program that's most applicable to you. Not yet ready to go strict Paleo? No worries, I'm not asking you to.
2. Exercise for at least 10 minutes each day. We recommend 3-5 “workouts” each week. The other days you’ll earn your points by being active. Bike, climb, hike, or even take an invigorating walk at sunset. This is your time to move daily. You earn 5 points for exercise. You don't have to do CrossFit for this, although I'd love it if you worked out with True Spirit CrossFit & Yoga.
3. Stretch for at least 10 minutes each day. You earn 5 points for stretching. I think you should earn double points for yoga, but then again I'm biased.
4. Drink one third of your body weight in oz. of water each day. You earn 5 points for water. You'll be surprised at how much better you feel when you're fully hydrated.
5. Sleep has a profound influence on your overall health and well-being. Getting seven to nine hours of sleep isn’t possible for everyone. Therefore, you’ll be responsible for your own sleep prescription, choosing a sleep duration goal that fits your life while challenging you to improve your sleep habits. You earn 5 points for sleeping
6. Live the WLC weekly lifestyle practice – things like sleep, meditate, & supporting others. You earn 5 points each day you complete the weekly lifestyle task. I'm really excited about this practice!
7. Reflect at the end of each day and check in with how it went and how you’re doing. No amount of numbers can paint the whole picture. Your daily reflection helps you see how the challenge is really going. You earn 5 points for your daily reflections.
The goal: We want you to treat each Habit with equal importance, understanding that the Whole Life Challenge is not just a “nutrition challenge” or an “exercise challenge”—it truly is about your entire lifestyle. Sleep, Hydration, Reflection, Mobility, and the Lifestyle Practice are all at least as important as Nutrition and Exercise.
The WLC is a challenge to see how much of an impact you can have on your body, fitness and lifestyle habits over 8 weeks.
We will have a cash prize for the overall point winner. The next Whole Life Challenge starts September 17th, and early registration is now open. Click the image below to join our team.
Today is a heavy day. We are front squatting in sets of 3 reps to get stronger. Don't be surprised when you wake up on Thursday wondering why your abs are sore. Front squats engage your core muscles and doing them in sets of multiple reps demand an upright torso. Drive through your heels and keep your chest up.
Heavy days elicit a profound response from our neuroendocrine system. You'll be surging with good feelings for the next few days. Enjoy and Good luck!
3 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 3 sets for load
Establish a 3 Rep Max
Cash-out, your choice of:
As many reps as possible in 2, 3 or 5 min of double unders. Today's workout and cash-out count towards your Beyond the Whiteboard Fitness Level.
Record your WOD on Beyond the Whiteboard.
Do you need CrossFit or yoga gear? Click on the links below to buy through our Just Strong, Reebok, Rogue or Hylete Affiliate share sale programs. These are affiliate links and our gym will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on these links.
Check out our Flickr page!