Annie is working her jumping pull-ups. Jumping pull-ups are a great scaling option for today's workout. We've had 3 women, Joanna, Sarah K., and Heather U., get their first pull-ups in the last 2 months. Which one of you will be next?
We are an official team for the 2016 New Year Whole Life Challenge. The Whole Life Challenge is an 8 week challenge that includes nutrition, exercise, mobility, sleep, hydration and a daily reflection. Every day, or 56 days, you keep score on the lifestyle choices you made with respect to the WLC 7 Daily Habits. Each lifestyle habit is worth 5 points. You choose how many points to award yourself based on your compliance. Of course, you'll want to earn lots of points, but the reason for the 5 points is so you have some leeway to live your life. If you make a decision to earn only 3 points for sleep, make it an informed and conscious decision.
1. Eat by the WLC rules you choose at the level that is right for you. Make conscious choices that support your vision for a healthy lifestyle. Earn up to 5 points daily for nutrition. The nutrition component of this challenge is about making good choices, and you get to choose the nutrition program that's most applicable to you. Not yet ready to go strict Paleo? No worries, I'm not asking you to. Here's a link to the different nutrition levels.
2. Exercise for at least 10 minutes each day. We recommend 3-5 “workouts” each week. The other days you’ll earn your points by being active, go ski, snow-shoe, hike, even take an invigorating walk at sunset. This is your time to move daily. You earn 5 points for exercise. You don't have to do CrossFit for this, although I'd love it if you worked out with True Spirit CrossFit & Yoga.
3. Stretch for at least 10 minutes each day. You earn 5 points for stretching. I think you should earn double points for yoga, but then again I'm biased.
4. Drink one third of your body weight in oz. of water each day (20 ml per kg). You earn 5 points for water. You'll be surprised at how much better you feel when you're fully hydrated.
5. Sleep - At the beginning of the Challenge, determine for yourself an amount of sleep that you will earn your 5 daily sleep points for. There is no fixed calculation for sleep hours. Choose the number of hours that gives you a full night’s sleep or provides a reasonable increase over the time you are currently getting. It should be at least a bit of a stretch, but it should also be something that you can accomplish with a little bit of effort.
6. Live the WLC weekly lifestyle practice – things like sleep, meditate, & supporting others. You earn 5 points each day you complete the weekly lifestyle task. I'm really excited about this practice!
7. Reflect at the end of each day to check in with your teammates and tell them how you’re doing. No amount of numbers can paint the whole picture. Your daily reflection helps you see how the challenge is really going.
The WLC is a challenge to see how much of an impact you can have on your body, fitness and lifestyle habits over 8 weeks.
We will have cash prizes and other awards for the overall point winner, as well as the other categories reflecting transformation in health and wellness. The WLC starts Jan 16th, we have 17 people on our team. We hope you'll join us!
5 rounds, each round for time, of:
50 Air Squats
Rest 3 mins between each round. 45 Min time cap.
Record your WOD on Beyond the Whiteboard.
Do you need CrossFit or yoga gear? Click on the links below to buy through our Just Strong, Reebok, Rogue or Hylete Affiliate share sale programs. These are affiliate links and our gym will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on these links.
Check out our Flickr page!