Dover watches Coach Jon put up a heavy back squat. How heavy will you get today?
We are an official team for the 2016 New Year Whole Life Challenge. The Whole Life Challenge is an 8 week challenge that includes nutrition, exercise, mobility, supplements, hydration and a daily reflection. Every day, or 56 days, you keep score on the lifestyle choices you made with respect to the WLC 7 Daily Habits.
1. Eat by the WLC rules you choose at the level that is right for you. Make conscious choices that support your vision for a healthy lifestyle. Earn up to 5 points daily for nutrition. The nutrition component of this challenge is about making good choices, and you get to choose the nutrition program that's most applicable to you. Not yet ready to go strict Paleo? No worries, I'm not asking you to.
2. Exercise for at least 10 minutes each day. We recommend 3-5 “workouts” each week. The other days you’ll earn your points by being active. Ski, snow-shoe, hike, even take an invigorating walk at sunset. This is your time to move daily. You earn 2 points for exercise. You don't have to do CrossFit for this, although I'd love it if you worked out with True Spirit CrossFit & Yoga.
3. Stretch for at least 10 minutes each day. You earn 2 points for stretching. I think you should earn double points for yoga, but then again I'm biased.
4. Drink one third of your body weight in oz. of water each day (20 ml per kg). You earn 1 point for water. You'll be surprised at how much better you feel when you're fully hydrated.
5. Supplement with a dietary supplement that would make a difference for your body if you took it every day. You earn 1 point for your supplement. We sell fish oil at the gym!
6. Live the WLC weekly lifestyle practice – things like sleep, meditate, & supporting others. You earn 1 point each day you complete the weekly lifestyle task. I'm really excited about this practice!
7. Reflect at the end of each day and check in with how it went and how you’re doing. No amount of numbers can paint the whole picture. Your daily reflection helps you see how the challenge is really going. You earn 1 point daily for your reflection. The most important lifestyle choice:-)
The WLC is a challenge to see how much of an impact you can have on your body, fitness and lifestyle habits over 8 weeks.
We will have cash prizes and other awards for the overall point winner, as well as the other categories reflecting transformation in health and wellness. The WLC starts Jan 16th, we hope you'll join our team!
Back squat 1-10-1-20-1-30 reps
Work up to a heavy single for the day (about 90% of your 1RM) then do the 1 x 10 at 80% of today's single, increase to the heavy single, do 1 x 20 at 60% of today's single, increase to your heavy single for the last time, then do 1 x 30 at 30% of today's single. These sets MUST be unbroken. You can't re-rack the bar. Partner with someone in similar strength. This workout takes about 35 mins to complete.
Your score is your total load, i.e. add up all six barbell loads. Good luck!
This workout appeared on the CrossFit mainsite on Nov 18, 2015.
Please welcome Baby Girl Massey-Lamb
Coach Jon and his woman, Noah, welcomed their baby girl into the world on Sunday. Mommy and daughter are doing splendidly. We have set-up a Meal Train to support them in these next few weeks. Please click on the image below to sign up to volunteer a meal for our Meal Train.
Row'd Royalty Jan 15 - Feb 5
Femme Fatale Week Feb 8 - 13
The Open March 11-29
Record your WOD on Beyond the Whiteboard.
Do you need CrossFit or yoga gear? Click on the links below to buy through our Just Strong, Reebok, Rogue or Hylete Affiliate share sale programs. These are affiliate links and our gym will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on these links.
Check out our Flickr page!