Lauren looking strong overhead!
Today our Mental Toughness training returns to The Invictus Mindest. We have reviewed the First Pillar of mental toughness training which is goal setting. The second pillar of The Invictus Mindset of mental toughness is visualization.
Henry Ford's famous quote, "Whether you believe you, or you can't - you're right" is a terrific reminder of the power of positive thinking. Visualization is a form of positive thinking. Visualization is a practice where you control your breathing and, in your mind's eye, perform act. You can visualize anything, a CrossFit workout, a tough conversation, a performance or public talk, etc.
Visualization helps you control your nerves, helps you control stress, helps you gain confidence. According to The Invictus Mindset, visualization:
1. Visualization feeds into your beliefs about your capabilities and self-confidence.
2. Boots your immune system by reducing cortisol.
3. Engages the parasympathetic nervous system to induce extreme relaxation.
Like anything worth doing, visualization takes practice. Here are a few steps to help you get started:
1. Keep your first sessions short 3-5 minutes.
2. Put your phone on do not disturb mode.
3. Sit or lie down
4. Notice your breathing for one minute
5. Scan your body from you toes to the top of your head and focus on relaxing any areas of tension.
6. Visualize your intention or goal. Go through every phase, every step. Repeat this as many times as like. Imagine how you'll feel when you accomplish this thing.
Just like with CrossFit, research shows shorter duration and more frequent visualization sessions are the most beneficial. That's great news for us! All you need is 3-5 minutes a few times a day to make a significant positive impact on your life! Try it today!
If you don't, yet, have double unders, visualize yourself doing them. What we think, we become. Good luck!
Record your WOD on Beyond the Whiteboard.
Do you need CrossFit or yoga gear? Click on the links below to buy through our Just Strong, Reebok, Rogue or Hylete Affiliate share sale programs. These are affiliate links and our gym will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on these links.
Check out our Flickr page!